Flank Steak Slider with Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe
Bring gourmet steakhouse flavor to your house with gourmet Sara Lee® Artesano™ Sweet Steakhouse Rolls.
- 6 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Sweet Steakhouse Rolls
- 1½ pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Blue Cheese Sauce (recipe follows)
- Blue Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rub flank steak on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until completely hot. Lay the flank steak in the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Flip the flank steak and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until it reaches preferred level of doneness. (Check internal temperature – 125°F for rare, 130°F for medium-rare and 135°F for medium.)
- Transfer flank steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make the Blue Cheese Sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a gentle simmer. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent cream from curdling. Add half of the Blue Cheese to the pan. Using a fork, mash and stir the cheese into the cream. Once the cheese has completely melted, add the Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce is thick. Add in the remaining Blue Cheese and remove from heat.
- To build sliders, layer Blue Cheese Sauce, flank steak, handful of arugula, and onions on each roll bottom. Top with roll lids and enjoy!