Skirt Steak Chimichurri Sliders Recipe
Satisfy your craving for steak with the Latin flair of these Skirt Steak Chimichurri Sliders, served on soft, flour-dusted Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Rolls.
- 12 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls, sliced
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 cups parsley, firmly packed, stems trimmed
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Heat grill to medium. On each side of steaks, rub with desired amount of salt and pepper. Top with fresh-squeezed lime juice and set aside.
- 2. Make the Chimichurri Sauce. In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic and oregano. Pulse until smooth. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Combine the two sauces into one bowl and stir until well-combined.
- 4. Place the steaks on the hot grill and grill each piece to your liking. Slice steaks thin and set aside.
- 5. Build sliders by placing arugula on the base of the roll, followed by steak pieces. Add Chimichurri Sauce and top with red onion and Queso Fresco crumbles. Cap with roll tops and enjoy.