Green Goddess Sandwich Recipe
This Greek cuisine-inspired treat is an instant classic.
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Delightful® Soft & Smooth Wheat Bread
- 1 small avocado, smashed
- 2 sliced red onions
- 2-3 slices tomato
- 4 slices cucumber
- Tzatziki sauce (Recipe follows)
- Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup finely grated cucumber
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped (optional)
- For the Tzatziki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine grated cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, dill, and mint, if using. Chill until ready to use.
- For the sandwich: On 1 slice of bread, layer smashed avocado, red onion, tomato and cucumber. Drizzle on tzatziki sauce. Place second slice of bread on top and enjoy!