Tropical Panzanella Recipe
Bring on the beach vibes with this fresh, fruity, and spicy salad.
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- Spring mix greens
- 2-4 cups diced papaya
- 2-4 cups diced kiwi
- 2 (15-oz) cans black beans
- 1 (15-oz) can corn
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- Citrus Dressing (recipe follows)
- Citrus Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cubed bread on baking sheet. Sprinkle jerk seasoning on bread and toast for about 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine, spring mix, papaya, kiwi, black beans, corn, avocado, cilantro, serrano peppers, and ground ancho chili pepper.
- Make the Citrus Dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Top with seasoned toasted bread cubes and enjoy!