Grilled Patty Melt Recipe
Fire up the grill – it’s patty melt season!
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 2 bread and butter pickle slices (optional)
- 1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add onions and sauté until brown (approximately 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
- 2. Form two beef patties and place on a heated grill. Cook until desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- 3. Use remaining butter to butter 1 side of each bread slice. Toast on grill until golden brown. Assemble the patty melt by layering 2 toasted bread slices with 1 cheese slice, 1 beef patty and some onions. Top each with remaining cheese and toasted bread slices.
- 4. If you’d like, slice each sandwich in half, stack halves on top of one another. Skewer 2 toothpicks with 1 cherry tomato and 1 pickle slice each, then skewer each sandwich stack together and serve.