Grilled Patty Melt Recipe
Fire up the grill – it’s patty melt season!
- 11-20 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 2 bread and butter pickle slices (optional)
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add onions and sauté until brown (approximately 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
2. Form two beef patties and place on a heated grill. Cook until desired doneness. Remove from heat.
3. Use remaining butter to butter 1 side of each bread slice. Toast on grill until golden brown. Assemble the patty melt by layering 2 toasted bread slices with 1 cheese slice, 1 beef patty and some onions. Top each with remaining cheese and toasted bread slices.
4. If you’d like, slice each sandwich in half, stack halves on top of one another. Skewer 2 toothpicks with 1 cherry tomato and 1 pickle slice each, then skewer each sandwich stack together and serve.