Hearts Over My Toast Recipe
An over easy egg and bacon in Sara Lee Artesano Golden Wheat Bakery Bread is a simple and scrumptious way to show your special someone you love them!
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bakery Bread
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sriracha, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Use 2 pieces of bacon to shape a heart, and lay the bacon flat on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- 2. Spread butter on both sides of bread slices. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Grease a small skillet with olive oil and toast bread, flipping after 5 minutes to toast both sides. Once toasted, take heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out heart from bread slices. Set aside.
- 4. Cook egg mixture in same skillet on medium heat until scrambled. Fill hole of bread with scrambled eggs. Place bacon heart over eggs and serve with desired amount of Sriracha.