Hearts Over My Toast Recipe
An over easy egg and bacon in Sara Lee Artesano Golden Wheat Bakery Bread is a simple and scrumptious way to show your special someone you love them!
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bakery Bread
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sriracha, optional
- 1 heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Use 2 pieces of bacon to shape a heart, and lay the bacon flat on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
2. Spread butter on both sides of bread slices. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Grease a small skillet with olive oil and toast bread, flipping after 5 minutes to toast both sides. Once toasted, take heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out heart from bread slices. Set aside.
4. Cook egg mixture in same skillet on medium heat until scrambled. Fill hole of bread with scrambled eggs. Place bacon heart over eggs and serve with desired amount of Sriracha.