Parmesan Crusted Caprese Grilled Cheese Recipe
This classic combo is proof that you’re never too old for a grilled cheese.
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto
- 4 slices Mozzarella
- 1. Place tomato slices in a small bowl and drizzle with balsamic. Let sit while prepping everything else.
- 2. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle garlic and some Parmesan on top of butter and gently spread a little more to ensure the Parmesan stays on the bread.
- 3. Flip one slice of bread so the butter side is face down. Layer on pesto, Mozzarella, tomato slices, remaining Parmesan and finish with second slice of bread, butter side up.
- 4. Place sandwich on a pan over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes or until cheese just starts to melt and bread is golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until second slice of bread is golden and cheese is fully melted.