Parmesan Crusted Caprese Grilled Cheese Recipe
This classic combo is proof that you’re never too old for a grilled cheese.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto
- 4 slices Mozzarella
1. Place tomato slices in a small bowl and drizzle with balsamic. Let sit while prepping everything else.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle garlic and some Parmesan on top of butter and gently spread a little more to ensure the Parmesan stays on the bread.
3. Flip one slice of bread so the butter side is face down. Layer on pesto, Mozzarella, tomato slices, remaining Parmesan and finish with second slice of bread, butter side up.
4. Place sandwich on a pan over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes or until cheese just starts to melt and bread is golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until second slice of bread is golden and cheese is fully melted.