Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups Recipe
This after-school treat is as fun to make as it is to eat.
- 12 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices Mozzarella
- 26 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- Cover a large cutting board with plastic wrap.
- On the upper left corner of the board, place 1 slice of bread. Brush the right edge of the bread with egg wash. Place the second slice of bread over the egg wash and press to seal. Repeat with the remaining bread slices to form 3 rows of 4 slices. Using a rolling pin, roll bread as thin as possible.
- Brush the pizza sauce over the top of each slice. Across the middle row of bread, arrange 6 slices of cheese. Top with half of the pepperoni. Lay another 6 slices of cheese, slightly lower, followed by the remaining pepperoni.
- Starting at the bottom of the cutting board, roll up the bread to form a log. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove the pizza roll from the refrigerator, removing from plastic wrap, and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and oregano.
- Brush the top of the pizza roll ups with the butter. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Slice and enjoy!