Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe
It’s the best of both worlds!
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 slice Mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ garlic clove, minced
- 1 finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 finely chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place bread on cutting board and spread marinara on each slice. Top 1 slice with Mozzarella, Cheddar and sliced tomatoes. Top with second slice of bread so marinara side faces in.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add minced garlic, basil and oregano, and lightly sauté until garlic is fragrant and golden. Place sandwich in skillet and cook until golden brown on 1 side.
3. Flip sandwich and grate Parmesan over top. Cover skillet with lid and cook until golden brown on second side.