Sandwich Sandals Recipe
Meet summer’s must-have accessory – the edible sandwich sandal!
- 7 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs mint, finely chopped
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut bread slices in half vertically.
- 2. In a small bowl, soften room-temperature cream cheese before combining with mint. Set aside about 2 ounces cream cheese-mint mixture for your sandal strap “glue.”
- 3. Use a rubber spatula or knife to coat bread halves with cream cheese-mint mixture.
- 4. Top with two cucumber slices, followed by remaining bread halves.
- 5. Use small serrated knife (or sandal-shaped cookie cutter) to cut each sandwich into sandal shape.
- 6. Cut small v-shaped “straps” from cheese slice.
- 7. Coat one side of cheese “straps” with cream cheese-mint mixture and adhere to tops of sandal sandwiches.
- 8. Cut small (approximately ¼-in x ¼-inch) cubes of cucumber from cucumber slices.
- 9. Spread thin layer of cream cheese mixture on 1 side of each cube and adhere to base of v-shaped straps. Serve immediately.