Sloppy Joe with Crispy Fried Onion Straws Recipe
Classic comfort fare tastes even better atop Sara Lee® Artesano™ Buns.
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fried onion straws
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, onions and carrots until meat is fully browned and carrots and onions have started to soften. Drain grease from skillet, then stir ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and water into meat mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and mixture is thick (approximately 30 minutes).
- 2. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Scoop mixture onto bun bottoms. Top with fried onion straws and bun lids and enjoy!