Spring Fling Toast Recipe
Wake up to butterflies in your stomach with these beautiful and easy fruit-topped toasts.
- 1-10 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 5 raspberries, halved
- 4 blueberries, halved
- 1 Granny Smith apple
1. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each slice of toast and decorate with fruit.
2. Create a butterfly with 4 strawberry slices. Use 2 larger slices for the upper part of the wing and two smaller slices for the bottom of the wing. Use a slice of Granny Smith apple (skin side up) for the body and cut slivers of Granny Smith apple for some antennae. Lastly, place 4 blueberry halves on the wings to create some detail.
3. Create flowers using raspberry halves for roses and slivers of Granny Smith apple for stems and leaves. To create the bottom layer of grass, cut slices of Granny Smith apple and remove small triangles by using the tip of a heart shaped cookie cutter.
4. For a more elaborate floral design, layer strawberry slices in an overlapping star formation. Create a stem and leaves out of Granny Smith apple. Top the flower with a smaller flower shape out of Granny Smith apple. To create this flower shape, cut a circle shape of apple and place skin side up on a cutting board. Use the tip of the heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a scalloped shape all around the edge of the circle. For a simpler flower center, use a blueberry half.