Artesano Taco Melt Recipe
Forget the tortillas, reach for thick slices of Sara Lee Artesano Bread and indulge your taco cravings.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup jalapeños, sliced
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef and cook until browned and crumbly (approximately 5-7 minutes). Season with taco seasoning and stir until thickened slightly (approximately 3 minutes).
2. Spread 1 tablespoon butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Layer 1 bread slice, butter side down, with ¼ cup shredded cheese, taco meat, mashed avocado and desired number of jalapeños. Top with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
3. Spray a large skillet over medium heat with non-stick cooking spray and place sandwich in skillet. Cook, flipping intermittently until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted (approximately 5-6 minutes). Enjoy!