Banana Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Break free from ordinary with a sweet and savory banana breakfast sandwich.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Texas Toast
- 2 bananas cut in half lengthwise
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup
- Confectioners sugar
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Soak the Sara Lee® Texas Toast in the mixture for a few minutes until saturated.
- 2. Melt the butter in a large pan and place two pieces of bread down until slightly browned. Turn over and then arrange bananas over the top.
- 3. Add the other slice of bread and then flip the sandwiches. Use a heavy pan to press the sandwiches down like a panini.
- 4. Brown each side of the sandwich. When both sides are golden brown, simply remove and add maple syrup and powdered sugar. Yum!