Banana Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Break free from ordinary with a sweet and savory banana breakfast sandwich.
- 1-10 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Texas Toast
- 2 bananas cut in half lengthwise
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup
- Confectioners sugar
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Soak the Sara Lee® Texas Toast in the mixture for a few minutes until saturated.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan and place two pieces of bread down until slightly browned. Turn over and then arrange bananas over the top.
3. Add the other slice of bread and then flip the sandwiches. Use a heavy pan to press the sandwiches down like a panini.
4. Brown each side of the sandwich. When both sides are golden brown, simply remove and add maple syrup and powdered sugar. Yum!