French Toast Rollups Recipe
No syrup needed for these elegant French toast rollups. Whip up a batch this weekend!
- 21-30 Minutes
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Soft & Smooth® Made with Whole Grain White Bread
- 8 ounces hazelnut spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Fresh fruit – sliced strawberries, whole raspberries, whole blueberries, sliced bananas
- 3-4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar (to garnish; optional)
1. Trim crusts from bread and use hands to gently flatten slices.
2. Arrange bread on cutting board with short sides facing you. Spread about 1 ounce chocolate hazelnut spread or cream cheese from center out towards edges of each slice, leaving a 1/8-inch border all the way around.
3. Arrange a single row of fruit along the short sides nearest you for each slice.
4. Lift up bread edge and roll it over onto itself. Continue rolling until you have reached the end of the slice. Repeat process with remaining bread slices.
5. Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. Dip each bread rollup in eggs to coat.
6. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, add rollups to skillet and cook, turning until golden brown on all sides.
7. Transfer rollups to a serving platter, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and serve.