French Toast Rollups Recipe
No syrup needed for these elegant French toast rollups. Whip up a batch this weekend!
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Soft & Smooth® Made with Whole Grain White Bread
- 8 ounces hazelnut spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Fresh fruit – sliced strawberries, whole raspberries, whole blueberries, sliced bananas
- 3-4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar (to garnish; optional)
- 1. Trim crusts from bread and use hands to gently flatten slices.
- 2. Arrange bread on cutting board with short sides facing you. Spread about 1 ounce chocolate hazelnut spread or cream cheese from center out towards edges of each slice, leaving a 1/8-inch border all the way around.
- 3. Arrange a single row of fruit along the short sides nearest you for each slice.
- 4. Lift up bread edge and roll it over onto itself. Continue rolling until you have reached the end of the slice. Repeat process with remaining bread slices.
- 5. Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. Dip each bread rollup in eggs to coat.
- 6. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, add rollups to skillet and cook, turning until golden brown on all sides.
- 7. Transfer rollups to a serving platter, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and serve.