Blueberry Toast 4 Ways Recipe
No need to feel blue about these blueberry toasts.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Classic 100% Whole Wheat Bread, lightly toasted
- 1¼ cup of blueberries, divided
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons blueberry cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 2 tablespoons Mascarpone
1. Make blueberry compote by adding 1 cup of the blueberries to a pot with the water, sugar and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat until blueberries start to break down, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. Spread Greek yogurt on 1 toast slice and top with remaining ¼ cup blueberries.
3. Spread butter on second toast slice and top with blueberry jam.
4. Spread blueberry cream cheese on third toast slice and sprinkle with mint.
5. Spread Mascarpone on remaining toast slice and top with homemade blueberry compote.