Blueberry Toast 4 Ways Recipe
No need to feel blue about these blueberry toasts.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Classic 100% Whole Wheat Bread, lightly toasted
- 1¼ cup of blueberries, divided
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons blueberry cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 2 tablespoons Mascarpone
- 1. Make blueberry compote by adding 1 cup of the blueberries to a pot with the water, sugar and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat until blueberries start to break down, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 2. Spread Greek yogurt on 1 toast slice and top with remaining ¼ cup blueberries.
- 3. Spread butter on second toast slice and top with blueberry jam.
- 4. Spread blueberry cream cheese on third toast slice and sprinkle with mint.
- 5. Spread Mascarpone on remaining toast slice and top with homemade blueberry compote.