Breakfast Burger Recipe
Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Buns take burgers on the grill to remarkably delicious heights.
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spinach & arugula, sauteed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and let onions cook, stirring occasionally, until they’ve caramelized (approximately 15-30 minutes). If the onions look dry during cooking, add a bit of extra butter. When onions are just about done, stir in the Dijon mustard.
- In another small pan, add 2 teaspoons olive oil, and heat over medium high heat. Add spinach and arugula, and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill. Divide the ground beef into four portions and shape into patties. Grill to desired doneness. When burgers are almost done, top with cheddar cheese slice. Set cooked burgers aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook sunny side up, until whites are cooked through and yolks are still slightly runny, about 4-6 minutes.
- Layer spinach and arugula mixture on bottom bun halves. Top each with a cheeseburger, caramelized onions and a sunny side up egg. Spread additional mustard on bun lid, if desired, and enjoy.