Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joe Recipe
Kick your game-day fare up a notch with these Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes.
- 4-6 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Sliced green onion and ranch dressing for serving
- 1. Over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of oil to a large skillet. When the skillet is hot, sauté the onion, carrots and celery until they start to soften. Add in the minced garlic and sauté another minute. Add in the ground chicken and break it up into crumbles with a wooden spoon. Season with a teaspoon of kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2. Continue cooking the chicken and vegetables until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from heat and add to a Crock-Pot.
- 3. In a small bowl or measuring glass, whisk together the tomato sauce, buffalo sauce, Worcestershire and apple cider vinegar. Add to Crock-Pot with chicken broth and stir. Cook on high for two hours, until thickened.
- 4. Serve on buns topped with ranch dressing and green onion.