Chicken Pot Pie Skillet Recipe
This quick and easy casserole topped with Sara Lee Honey Wheat Bread is comfort food at its best.
- 30+ Minutes
- 4-5 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread, cubed
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes, thawed
- 3 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 9 ounces frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (10½ oz) cans cream of chicken & mushroom condensed soup
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 11x13" baking dish.
In a large skillet, combine chicken, onion, water, potatoes, corn, and peas and carrots.
Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes).
Add soup and poultry seasoning, and continue heating for another 5 minutes. Add more water if too thick.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with cubed bread, and place in the oven.
Bake about 10 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.