Chicken Pot Pie Skillet Recipe
This quick and easy casserole topped with Sara Lee Honey Wheat Bread is comfort food at its best.
- 4-5 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread, cubed
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes, thawed
- 3 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 9 ounces frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (10½ oz) cans cream of chicken & mushroom condensed soup
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 11x13" baking dish.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, onion, water, potatoes, corn, and peas and carrots.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes).
- Add soup and poultry seasoning, and continue heating for another 5 minutes. Add more water if too thick.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with cubed bread, and place in the oven.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.