Creamy Garlic Mushroom Burger Recipe
You’ll remember every remarkable bite of this burger because it’s made with gourmet Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Buns.
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns, toasted
- 4 beef patties
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 mini portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices thick bacon, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Season beef patties with salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan. Once the oil is hot, add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Transfer mushrooms to a plate.
- Heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in the same frying pan. Once the oil is hot, add bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer to a plate.
- Return half of the cooked mushrooms to the frying pan. Add garlic, and cook over low heat for a minute. Add heavy cream and grated Cheddar, and bring to a gentle boil, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low, and assemble the burgers.
- On each bun bottom, layer spinach, cooked mushrooms and 1 grilled burger patty. Spoon cheesy garlic mushroom sauce over the top, then layer on crispy bacon. Top each with a toasted bun lid and enjoy!