Stuffed Cheddar Bacon Burger Recipe
Say goodbye to a basic burger and hello to a new favorite with this Stuffed Cheddar Bacon Burger.
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- Honey barbecue sauce, to taste
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and garlic powder.
- 2. Divide the beef into 8 equal portions and press into ¼ to ½ inch patties.
- 3. Top each of the 4 patties with about ¼ cup of shredded Cheddar. Top with the other thin patties, pressing together the edges of the top and bottom patties to seal well. (Make sure there are no holes.)
- 4. Place burgers on the grill over medium heat and cook approximately 8 minutes or until burgers begin to brown on the sides. Flip and cook another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5. Add barbecue sauce to the top and bottom halves of the bun. Add a slice of bacon to the bottom and place the stuffed burger patty on top. Finish with another slice of bacon and top with the top half of the bun, barbecue sauce side down. Enjoy!