Spicy Bacon Cheddar Burger Recipe
Unbelievably spicy bacon burgers start with original artisan-style buns.
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeños, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup jalapeños, sliced
- Chipotle Mayo Ingredients:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon to desired crispness. Crumble and set aside.
- 2. Heat grill to medium. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bacon, Cheddar cheese, onions, jalapeños and chili sauce. Mix until well combined. Shape into 4 patties and set aside.
- 3. Make the chipotle mayo. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Blend until well combined.
- 4. Place buns on the grill and toast until lightly browned. Place patties on the grill and grill to desired doneness (approximately 5 minutes per side).
- 5. Top each patty with cheese and allow cheese to melt (approximately 5 minutes).
- 6. Build burgers by layering lettuce, burger patty, chipotle mayo and sliced jalapeños. Cap with the bun lid and enjoy!