Spicy Bacon Cheddar Burger Recipe
Unbelievably spicy bacon burgers start with original artisan-style buns.
- 30+ Minutes
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeños, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup jalapeños, sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Chipotle Mayo Ingredients:
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon to desired crispness. Crumble and set aside.
2. Heat grill to medium. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bacon, Cheddar cheese, onions, jalapeños and chili sauce. Mix until well combined. Shape into 4 patties and set aside.
3. Make the chipotle mayo. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Blend until well combined.
4. Place buns on the grill and toast until lightly browned. Place patties on the grill and grill to desired doneness (approximately 5 minutes per side).
5. Top each patty with cheese and allow cheese to melt (approximately 5 minutes).
6. Build burgers by layering lettuce, burger patty, chipotle mayo and sliced jalapeños. Cap with the bun lid and enjoy!