Egg on Top Grilled Cheese Bake Recipe
It doesn’t matter if you’re craving breakfast or lunch, this grilled cheese on Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread is perfect for both.
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 slices American cheese
- 1 cup crumbled breakfast sausage
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 2. Brush one half of 4 slices of bread with butter and lay butter side down on baking sheet.
- 3. Layer bread with half the cheese, sausage, bacon, pepper, the remaining cheese and finish with the top halves of the bread. Using another baking sheet, gently press down to compress sandwiches. Brush the tops of bread with butter.
- 4. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until bread begins to slightly brown, then remove from oven.
- 5. Use a small bowl, make an indent into each slice of bread and crack an egg in the middle. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- 6. Place back into oven and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until egg whites are set.