Eggnog French Toast Bake Recipe
Nothing says happy holidays like peppermint, eggnog, and a breakfast you can share with friends and family!
- 30+ Minutes
- 1 loaf Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2½ cups eggnog
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ vanilla extract
- ½ cup peppermint bark
- ½cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Gently fold in bread cubes and mix until well combined. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the soaked bread. Bake until golden brown (approximately 35 minutes).
2. Place peppermint bark in Ziploc bag. Break the peppermint bark into small pieces with a rolling pin and sprinkle over baked French toast.
3. Make the icing. In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and heavy cream and stir until sugar is completely absorbed by the cream. Add in vanilla and mix until well combined. Drizzle icing over the top of the French toast with a small spoon in a zigzag pattern.