Grilled Watermelon & Halloumi Sandwich Recipe
Everything tastes remarkably better on the grill – even watermelon!
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Brioche Bread
- 1 (8 ounce) block Halloumi cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ watermelon
- 2-3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint
- Fresh basil
- Heat grill. Once hot, lightly toast bread. Set aside.
- Slice Halloumi widthwise (An 8-ounce block should yield about three-four slices of cheese). Brush olive oil on grill, then place Halloumi slices on grill and cook both sides until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Slice watermelon into triangles. Arrange on grill and cook until caramelized and slightly browned.
- Set 2 slices of grilled bread on a cutting board. Arrange 2 slices of grilled Halloumi on each slice of bread. Layer on tomato slices, mint leaves, 1 slice of grilled watermelon and basil leaves, and then top each with remaining bread slices.