Ice Cream Food Art Recipe
An ice cream cone that won’t melt? Count us in! Your kids will love making this ice cream food art with you.
- 1 slice Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread, toasted
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cherry
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Toast the slice of bread and spread with butter. Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar.
- 2. Place the slice of cinnamon sugar toast on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally from the top left corner of the toast to the bottom center of the slice. Repeat on the right side, cutting diagonally from the top right corner of the toast to the bottom center. You should now have an ice cream cone-shaped toast and two triangular toasts.
- 3. Cut the triangular toasts into thin strips and arrange them at an angle in overlapping layers to create a waffle cone pattern atop the ice cream cone-shaped toast.
- 4. Slice the banana into wheels and place them above the bread to resemble a scoop of ice cream. Place the chocolate hazelnut spread in a small bowl and warm for 5 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle carefully over the top of the bananas and garnish with a cherry on top.