Gingerbread Man Food Art Recipe
Take a break from holiday baking with these festive snacks.
- 21-30 Minutes
- 12 slices Sara Lee® Classic 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 slices deli turkey
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 strawberries, sliced
1. Use a gingerbread-shaped cookie cutter to cut gingerbread shapes out of bread, turkey and 3 cheese slices. Set 6 gingerbread-shaped breads aside.
2. Use a plastic straw to punch 6 small circles out of cheese trimmings for eyes. Use a paring knife to cut 3 small smile shapes from cheese trimmings. Use remaining 3 cheese slices and paring knife to create clothes.
3. Build 3 savory gingerbread sandwiches by layering a gingerbread-shaped turkey and cheese slice onto 3 gingerbread-shaped breads. Top with a second gingerbread-shaped bread, and decorate with cheese eyes, smile and clothes.
4. Build 3 sweet gingerbread sandwiches by using heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a heart shape from the center of 3 gingerbread-shaped breads. Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread on remaining 3 gingerbread-shaped breads. Place 1 strawberry slice in the center atop the chocolate hazelnut spread, and create sandwich by capping with gingerbread-shaped breads with heart cutouts.