Katie Lee’s Parm-tastic Pizza Grilled Cheese
This parm-tastic Pizza Grilled Cheese on Artesano Bread from Chef Katie Lee is cheesy perfection.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup chopped banana peppers
- ¼ cup caramelized onions
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan, lightly pressing the Parmesan into the butter so it sticks.
- 2. Lay 2 slices of the bread buttered/cheese-side down in the skillet and spread 1 tablespoon of the marinara on each. Top each with 2 slices of Provolone, followed by 6 slices of pepperoni, half of the banana peppers and caramelized onions and 2 slices of Mozzarella. Spread the remaining marinara on the unbuttered side of the remaining 2 slices of bread, then place one slice of bread on top of each sandwich with the buttered/cheese side facing up.
- 3. Cook until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Slice and serve.