Korean Steak Sandwich Recipe
Whisk your taste buds away with this Korean-inspired sandwich on savory Sara Lee Artesano Potato Bread.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Potato Bakery Bread
- 2 medium ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang paste
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced and divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 small jalapeños, sliced
- Place sliced steak in a bowl and add soy sauce, gochujang, ginger, brown sugar, rice wine, 2 minced garlic cloves, black pepper, grated apple and sesame oil. Mix together, cover, and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the marinated steak and fry for 4-5 minutes, turning the meat occasionally until fully cooked and caramelized.
- Remove the steak from the pan and place on a plate to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced peppers to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Preheat broiler. Spread butter on all four pieces of bread. Arrange on a baking sheet, and broil until golden brown (approximately 30 seconds).
- Mix mayo and remaining minced garlic clove together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread chili sauce on two slices of bread, then layer on cooked peppers, steak, sesame seeds, red onion, scallions and jalapeños. Spread the garlic mayo on remaining slices of bread and place one slice, face down, on each sandwich. Enjoy!