Meatball Stuffed Garlic Rolls Recipe
Time to step up your garlic bread game with mmmmeatballs!
- 30+ Minutes
- 12 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls
- 2 teaspoons marinara sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- ¼ tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted and melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper, ground
For Garlic Butter:
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Using a knife, cut holes in the top of each roll to hold the meatball.
3. Prepare the meatballs. In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients except olive oil and shape the meat mixture into meatballs, about the size of golf balls.
4. In a large skillet, add the olive oil and meatballs and sear the meatballs until light golden brown all around. Place meatballs on one of the prepared baking sheets and bake at 375˚ for 25 minutes to cook through and the reach an internal temperature of 165˚.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic butter ingredients. Using a pastry brush, generously brush some of the garlic butter inside the rolls. Place the rolls on the second prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until they start to brown and crisp up.
6. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce into each roll, then place a meatball inside each roll. Spoon another teaspoon marinara sauce over each meatball then sprinkle with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese melts and is bubbly, then garnish rolls with parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve warm.