The PBJ & Cheese Recipe
A PBJ and a grilled cheese sandwich hopped into a skillet and out came this masterpiece.
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 3 slices White Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 1. Layer 1½ slices of the White Cheddar cheese on 1 bread slice. Top with jam, peanut butter and bacon. Add the remaining cheese and second bread slice. Spread half the butter on top slice of bread and set aside.
- 2. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Melt remaining butter in skillet and place sandwich, buttered bread slice up, in skillet. Cook sandwich, carefully flipping intermittently, until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted (approximately 5-10 minutes total).