Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe
It doesn’t get much better than a Pizza Grilled Cheese.
- 1-10 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- ¼ cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil, divided
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 slices pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Spread ½ of the pizza sauce on each slice of bread. Layer on chopped basil, ½ of the Mozzarella, green bell peppers and pepperonis, followed the remaining pizza sauce and Mozzarella.
2. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwich. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook the sandwich, flipping intermittently, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes).