Pumpkin Soup & Grilled Cheese Skewers Recipe
Move over tomato soup – there’s a new grilled cheese sidekick in town!
- Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices American cheese
- Pumpkin Soup Ingredients:
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Pumpkin Soup Directions:
- 1. In a medium pot, combine chicken stock, salt, pumpkin puree, onions, thyme, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- 2. Purée the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) in a blender.
- 3. Return soup to pot and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy whipping cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Grilled Cheese Directions:
- 1. Butter 2 slices of bread. Set 2 slices, butter side down, in skillet over medium heat. Layer cheese slices on bottom half of bread and top with remaining bread slice, butter side up. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- 2. Remove from heat, cut into triangles, skewer mini sandwiches with bamboo skewers and balance atop soup bowls.