Roasted Tomato & Basil Grilled Cheese Recipe
With its rich buttery flavor, Sara Lee® Butter Bread takes comfort-food fave grilled cheese to new yum-inducing levels.
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Butter Bread
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tomatoes on the sheet. Roast until the tomatoes begin to burst (approximately 15 minutes).
- Transfer roasted tomatoes to a bowl and carefully mash with a fork. Place a large mesh strainer over a bowl. Strain the tomatoes completely. Mix 1 tablespoon of the strained liquid into ¼ cup mayonnaise until it has the consistency of a sauce. Transfer the strained tomatoes to a bowl and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 bread slices on a cutting board. Spread tomato mayo on 1 side of each slice. Divide the strained tomatoes and shredded Mozzarella among the 4 bread slices. Top each with fresh basil leaves as desired. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper and top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter to skillet. Once melted, cook the sandwiches until the bread is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted (approximately 3 minutes per side).