Slow Cooker French Dip
This French Dip on a Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Bun is perfect for weeknight family dinners.
- 6 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Buns
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 can condensed French onion soup
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 teaspoon onion and herb blend seasoning
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Banana peppers, to taste
- 1. Place roast in slow cooker with French onion soup, beef consommé and onion and herb blend seasoning. Cover and cook on low until beef is tender and shreds easily with a fork (approximately 8 hours).
- 2. Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Transfer cooking liquid from slow cooker to a storage container until ready to eat.
- 3. Build sandwiches by layering shredded beef, Swiss cheese and banana peppers on bun bottoms. Cap with bun lids and serve with warm au jus for dipping.