Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
A perfectly portioned and delicious treat!
- 6-8 slices Sara Lee® Butter Bread, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- 2. Cube the bread and set aside in a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine diced strawberries, lemon juice and sugar and let sit to macerate for 2 minutes.
- 4. In a stand mixer or medium bowl, whip cream cheese with paddle attachment until fluffy. Fold macerated berries into cream cheese until well combined.
- 5. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture over bread cubes and fold until bread is completely covered.
- 6. Scoop some bread mixture into each muffin liner to cover bottom of liners. Add a dollop of cream cheese mixture, and top with more bread.
- 7. Bake at 350˚F for 15-20 minutes or until set and golden brown.