Strawberry Lemon French Toast Bake Recipe
Put a spring in your step with this bright and fruity French toast bake.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano Bread, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon, zested
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (if desired)
- Powdered sugar, to serve
- Crumb topping (recipe follows)
- Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Fold bread cubes and strawberries into egg mixture, ensuring bread is thoroughly coated. Transfer bowl contents to prepared pan.
- 2. Make crumb topping. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add cold butter, tossing to coat. Use fingers to work butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the prepared French toast in pan. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes). Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.