Tasty 24/7 Grilled Cheese Recipe
Learning to love Brussels sprouts? This grilled cheese will warm you to them.
- 21-30 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 1 egg
- 3 slices Muenster cheese
- ¼ cup Brussels sprouts, sautéed and shredded
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Quick Candied Bacon (recipe follows)
- ½ cup chopped bacon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Ingredients:
Quick Candied Bacon Ingredients:
DirectionsQuick Candied Bacon Directions:
1. Cook chopped bacon in a small pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the bacon begins to get crispy (approximately 10-15 minutes). Drain fat and add brown sugar, red wine vinegar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to the pot with cooked bacon. Continuously stir mixture until liquid has reduced and the bacon has a thick, sticky coating. Set aside.
1. Bring water to a boil in a small pot. Add egg, in shell, and cook for 7 minutes. Remove egg and shock in a bowl of ice-cold water. Carefully peel shell, slice egg into coins and set aside.
2. Top 1 bread slice with 1½ slices of the Muenster cheese. Top with Brussels sprouts, sliced egg, quick candied bacon and remaining cheese. Cap with second bread slice. Spread half the butter on top slice of bread and set aside.
3. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Melt remaining butter in skillet and place sandwich, buttered bread slice up, in skillet. Cook sandwich, carefully flipping intermittently, until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted (approximately 5-10 minutes total).