Artesano Turkey Meatball Sub Recipe
Sara Lee Artesano Sausage Rolls are the roll of meatball sub dreams – richly-flavored and soft yet hearty.
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Sausage Rolls
- 1 package frozen turkey meatballs
- 2 (24-ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 12 slices Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Place frozen meatballs in a slow cooker and pour both jars of marinara over the top. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place sausage rolls on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes. Add 2 slices of Mozzarella to each roll and return to the oven. Toast for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add about 4 meatballs to each roll and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Garnish with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and serve with extra marinara sauce on the side for dipping.