Cheesy Beefy Bacon Bake Recipe
Cold weather calls for cheesy comfort food.
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls
- 10 slices roast beef
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 8-10 slices spicy candied bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top. Spray with non-stick spray.
- 2. Make the Bacon. In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip bacon in mixture and place on rack, being sure to leave a little space between each slice. Sprinkle with any extra mixture and place in oven to cook for 10-15 minutes. Begin checking around 10 minutes to make sure sugar is not burning. (Bacon should be slightly crispy but not overdone as it will be cooked more on sandwich). Remove from oven and pat with a paper towel. Place on a cooling rack and set aside, and turn oven down to 350˚.
- 3. Slice rolls in half and lay the bottom half in a greased casserole dish.
- 4. Place a layer of roast beef over each of the bottom of the rolls, followed by a layer of cheese and the spicy candied bacon. Finish with the top half of the rolls.
- 5. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter, cover with foil and bake at 350˚F for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, or until rolls are a golden brown and cheese has fully melted.
- 6. Remove from oven, slice, serve and enjoy!