Gourmet Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
This ice cream sandwich using a surprising gourmet ingredient – soft and flavorful Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Rolls!
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Warm cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate, covering entirely.
- Let sit for about 3 minutes, then stir gently until smooth and shiny. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add hazelnuts to skillet and stir to coat with butter. Cook until toasted and fragrant (approximately 8 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Build ice cream sandwiches. Top each roll bottom with 1 scoop vanilla ice cream. Drizzle chocolate ganache over the top, sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and top with roll lids. Enjoy!